School Field Trips through California’s Living History
Exploring the past to collect lessons for today. Rock-N-Water offers a variety of California field trip ideas. Staff will take your students on living history programs that are unforgettable fun and complete with hands on exhibits. Educational tours and adventures will guide students in the study of history as it comes alive! Children ages 8, 9, 10, and 11 pretend to travel back in time where they learn about California’s history by living and participating in everyday activities of the 1800s.
Experiential learning through educational travel isn’t just a great way to study the past. It is also a highly effective tool for teaching spiritual lessons. In our educational program, our staff become characters from the past such as pioneers, gold miners, immigrants, or Native American Indians. Finally, we weave the joy and love of God’s living Word into every activity. Most importantly, we have fun along the way!
Living history educational travel field trips
We offer exciting experiential learning California field trips for 3rd-5th grade students. These educational and hands on student tours help teachers, students, and parents experience history in a first hand way.
- 49er Fun 4th Grade Field Trips – These are primarily designed for 4th grade classes. Specifically focused on the Gold Rush of 1849, that students will be studying in their classroom or home school curriculum.
- The Greenhorn – A day trip option for first time schools that are not yet ready for the full overnight experience.
- The Mother Lode – Overnight 4th grade field trip with an even balance between visiting historical site and hands on learning.
- The Prospector – Overnight 4th grade living history experience with a heavier focus on hands-on activities and experiential learning.
- The Double Jack – A two day two night adventure for teachers, schools, and students who agree that 24 hours is just not enough.
- Tour Group Field Trips – For those traveling longer distances, or who want someone else to take care of all the transportation and planning logistics. We have partnered with Christian tour companies to make it easier to facilitate your Gold Rush field trip. Your tour guide can take care of coordinating additional group adventures, book your airline flights, find travel deals, and plan your overall itineraries for minimal fees.
- For High School Students, we recommend considering either our unity building field trips, or our graduation celebration trips.
Who is Rock-N-Water?
Rock-N-Water is a group of Christians who seek to impact young people with the joy of God’s Living Word. We seek to help students come to know Jesus and pass on God’s love with excitement. We focus our field trips on biblical principles and we use the help of nature, friendship, and challenge to develop character. Our knowledgeable travel experience staff are trained not only to be amazing camp counselors, but also experienced educators. They will lead your group through devotionals, visitor centers and tours expertly. Learn more about Rock-N-Water Christian Camps.
Why the outdoors?
Ever wonder why Rock-N-Water places such an emphasis on being in the outdoors ? We get to spend every day and night in God’s enticing playground. The adventurous challenges and tranquil beauty God gave us in nature allow for a depth of ministry we know no other way of achieving. Christian led excursions in creation make for great opportunities of fun, help deepen relationships, and make positive spiritual growth happen in a unique way.
Today’s youth are growing up indoors. Never before has humanity been so protected and distracted from the natural world God made, its wonders, challenges, adventures, and intrigues. Never before have young people been so “connected” to each other and yet so lonely. We and others have concerns for the spiritual growth of those who rarely, if ever, have meaningful encounters with God while in the outdoors. Our students have many mental, emotional and spiritual needs that are often going unmet. Read more
In conclusion, please contact us if you have any questions. We would love to help your reserve a space for your class in the coming season.