Current COVID-19 updates for Summer 2020 trips
Last update May 6th 2020- Barring any restrictions from state and local governments, we are excited about hosting your trips and holding our summer camps as originally scheduled!
How we’re helping you as the trip planner/organizer:
1.For this summer only, we will only charge you for the actual number of participants you bring. Our normal policy is to charge you based upon the expected minimum number of participants, since that affects our staffing and food supplies. However, given the circumstances of late, we are flexing our policy in a way that benefits you (and honestly, is really challenging for us): We’re not going to charge you for changes in your group size. So even if you have less people than you originally anticipated, we still want you to come! The only thing we ask is that you give us your (most reasonably estimated) final numbers 2 weeks in advance of your trip.
2. We are willing to extend the due dates on both your initial deposit and your second payment. Your final payment will still be due upon your arrival, but if you’re having a hard time making payments right now, give us a call and we will work with you on a payment plan that works better for you.
Extra measures we’re taking to ensure guest and staff safety
- Every guest will undergo a basic health screening upon arrival. Guests exhibiting any symptoms will be asked to leave. You can check out a copy of our Contagion Policy.
- We have installed extra handwashing stations throughout camp and will be encouraging our staff and guests to wash their hands more frequently than normal.
- Our food serving line will be conforming to stricter standards, requiring food service (rather than buffet-style self-service).
- We have a staff member explicitly assigned to bathroom cleanliness and sanitation, and bathrooms will be cleaned twice as much as usual.
- We feel very fortunate that our ministry involves being in a secluded outdoor open-air setting. Ordinarily, we would encourage guests to sleep under the stars, but this year we are encouraging people to bring tents as an added layer of social distancing measures.
Encouragements for you as you’re planning: There are some unique opportunities that we are sensing will arise from this whole situation, and there are a couple of things that we’d like to encourage you with.
1.People are hungry for fellowship. We believe this can be one of the most impactful summers we’ve ever seen, as far as ministry and unity amongst groups. There is incredible potential for deeper connections, both spiritually and socially, and you just might see your group thrive in ways you couldn’t have imagined when you first booked your trip with us.
2.Because of the reduced number of campers we’re serving this year, we feel that we’ll have a better opportunity to focus our attention on the campers we do have in order to produce a better quality trip.
3. Also, with the reduced number of guests this year, it allows our incredibly hard working guides the opportunity to rest. And that physical and spiritual rest is naturally going to overflow into their ministry to our guests.
As always, our lines are open. Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions, concerns, or just to drop us a line and say hello! (530) 621-3918 or [email protected]. We look forward to serving you soon!