Current COVID-19 Information
Last update March 1, 2021- We are so grateful for everyone who was able to come on a trip with us in summer 2020. We are looking forward to both Spring 49er fun trips & Adventure trips in 2021! We have received restrictions and guidelines from El Dorado County for COVID-19 prevention. You can view the county restrictions and guidelines for whitewater rafting Here. We recommend reading below so that you know what to expect when you come to camp.
Extra measures we’re taking to ensure guest and staff safety
- Every guest will undergo a basic health screening upon arrival. Guests exhibiting any symptoms will have to return home.
- We have installed extra handwashing stations throughout camp and will be encouraging our staff and guests to wash their hands more frequently than normal. Hand sanitizer will be available on adventures for frequent handwashing.
- Our food serving line will be conforming to stricter standards, requiring food service (rather than buffet-style self-service).
- We have a staff member explicitly assigned to bathroom cleanliness and sanitation, and bathrooms will be cleaned twice as much as usual.
- We feel very fortunate that our ministry involves being in a secluded outdoor open-air setting. Guests will be encouraged sleep in individual tents or spread out on tarps under the stars. We will try our best to keep groups separated from one another to prevent exposure.
- We will be requiring our guides and guests to wear face coverings on shuttles or when coming in contact with other groups.
How you can help
- Try to limit your stops on your drive to camp. This will reduce your exposure to people outside of your group and decrease the chance of your group and our staff possibly contracting COVID-19.
- Do your best to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from people outside of your group.
- Follow Rock-N-Water guidelines regarding COVID-19. They are there for your protection and the protection of our staff.
- We recommend bringing personal hand sanitizers for times when it may not be readily available or if you are uncomfortable using our handwashing stations.
- Bring your own face coverings.
Doing our part
- All staff is required to go through a health screening each day before they go to work. If they exhibit any signs/symptoms of COVID-19, they will be sent home and get tested promptly.
- All equipment will be disinfected between uses.
How we’re helping you as the trip planner/organizer:
1.This year only we will roll over your deposit and any payments made until 2022 should you need to cancel your trip due to COVID-19 related causes- Our normal policy is to charge a non-refundable deposit. However, given the circumstances of late, we are flexing our policy in a way that benefits you: We will roll over any deposit or payments in full if you need to cancel because of restrictions or illness for your group.
Encouragements for you as you’re planning: There are some unique opportunities that we are sensing will arise from this whole situation, and there are a couple of things that we’d like to encourage you with.
People are hungry for fellowship. We believe this can be one of the most impactful years we’ve ever seen, as far as ministry and unity amongst groups. There is incredible potential for deeper connections, both spiritually and socially, and you just might see your group thrive in ways you couldn’t have imagined when you first booked your trip with us.
As always, our lines are open. Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions, concerns, or just to drop us a line and say hello! (530) 621-3918 or [email protected]. We look forward to serving you soon!