Christian Summer Camps for Middle School Students
We provide the fun, the friends, the adventure, and challenges that open doors for positive change. These youth programs are for students entering 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th grade looking for an ultimate summer experience.
Looking to plan your own junior high school youth camp for a group of 6 or more people? Check out our Camps & Retreats for Groups.
Upcoming Summer Camps for Middle School or Jr. High School Students
Join Us for a Week or Weekend of Fun and Excitement
Rock-N-Water’s summer camps for middle school students are located in Northern California, a short one hour drive from Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. Many students also come to our camp from San Francisco and the Bay Area. We have a variety of youth camps specifically geared towards individuals looking to grow in their Christian faith through a sleepaway camp experience on their own or with a group of friends.
In addition to the amazing amounts of fun and full day outdoor adventures that each of our junior high and middle school school summer camps contain, youth of all ages will find ample opportunity to make good friends with fellow campers as they experience the fun challenges of the week together.
What Can I Expect?
First, arrive at 7pm Sunday night. Next, you’ll get a chance to get to know your camp counselors and get your bearings at camp. You’ll have help setting your tent set up and learn a little bit about Rock-N-Water. That evening, around the campfire, you’ll get a chance to know your fellow campers, the rules of camp and how to get ready every day for adventure. In the morning, after breakfast we will spend a day at camp doing some team building games and adventure activities that will prepare you for a week of high adventure activities. The following days we will experience world class adventures on 2 whitewater rafting days, 1 rock climbing day and 1 canyoneering day.
Advice for going to a Sleepaway Camp
Making a bunch of new friends at an overnight camp is a great experience, but so is building upon relationships that you already have. So as you consider doing an individual youth camp we’d like to suggest that you also consider the following options:
- Bring a friend! It’s fun to make new friends at camp but it’s also rewarding to strengthen those friendships you already have by going to a sleepaway camp together.
- Contact us so we can explain what to expect and how to prepare for an adventure camp.
- Incoming 9th grade students can choose between our Middle School program or our High School Camps program.
- Getting to Rock-N-Water – Transportation instructions for parents of students attending individual camps at Rock-N-Water.
About Rock-N-Water Christian Camps
Rock-N-Water is a group of Christians who want to impact young people with the joy of God’s Living Word, so they might come to know Jesus and pass on God’s love with excitement. We focus our summer programs on biblical principles, and we use the help of nature, friendship, and challenge on our overnight camps to develop character. Learn more about Rock-N-Water Christian Camps.
Why the outdoors?
Ever wonder why Rock-N-Water places such an emphasis on being in the outdoors at Summer Camp? We get to spend every day and night in God’s enticing playground. The adventurous challenges and tranquil beauty God gave us in nature allow for a depth of ministry we know no other way of achieving. Professionally led excursions in creation make for great opportunities for fun, help deepen relationships, and make positive growth happen in a unique way.
Today’s teens are growing up indoors. Never before has humanity been so protected and distracted from the natural world God made, its wonders, challenges, adventures, and intrigues. Never before have young people been so “connected” to each other and yet so lonely. We are concerned for the spiritual growth of those who rarely, if ever, have meaningful encounters with God while in the outdoors. Our students have many mental, emotional and spiritual needs that are often going unmet. Read more
Plan your own Youth Camp
If these youth camps are not working for you, we’ve got a few ideas that might help:
- Six people is all that it takes for you to be able to throw together your very own, fully customized, camp program. So gather together some friends and/or family. You can pick and choose exactly what dates you want (space permitting of course), the adventures, and when you arrive and depart. We’ll take care of everything else, from the food to the campfire to the amazing staff that lead all of our middle school or junior high school programs. Learn more about creating your own trip.
- Talk your youth pastor into organizing a trip. We’d love to talk with them about how easily we could help them put together a trip for their whole youth group.
- Let us be of service by putting you in contact with churches in your area that are coming here and might be open to having you join them. Contact us about getting in contact with local youth groups in your area. Be sure to tell us what city you are from and a little about you so we can best connect you with the optimal group.
More Information about our Middle School Summer Camps
Finally, for more information on our Christian youth camps near you, and our overnight junior high or middle school summer camps please Contact Us. We’d love to answer any questions that you might have about our overnight programs.