Winter camps are about spending time together with God
Travel up to the mountains of Northern California for an isolated time together with your youth, our staff, and God over the holiday break and through the winter season. Break away from the typical ski resort winter break, where your kids are scattered across the mountain, only to be seen in flashes and glimpses throughout the day. Instead, spend your middle of the school year weekend break together with your students and our camp counselors. Enjoy quality time throughout the entire day on fun adventures while exploring the beauty of God’s creation. It is our goal to keep your group close together and away from the crowds so that you and your leaders might be able to better connect and minister with each and every student.
Winter Adventures available with Rock-N-Water
In the wintertime, there are a multiple adventures we offer to groups of all ages. Getting out into God’s creation on a winter retreat is a great way to for hands on exploration of the great outdoors as we experience amazing travel destinations with our youth camps.
- Snowshoeing Trips – Winter is a great time to take your youth group, class, or scout troop on an overnight guided snowshoe experience. Oh what fun to follow your friends snowshoe trails in bright, fresh, powder snow.
- White Water Rafting – We can go rafting year round on the South Fork of the American River with expert guides. March can even be some of the greatest and wildest times to go rafting. We’ll bundle up in wet-suits and other cold weather gear to keep us a bit warmer while rafting on water that just yesterday you might have been snowboarding up at the ski resorts.
- Rock Climbing – Winter is a great time to go on a Rock Climbing winter camp.
What sets Rock-N-Water apart from other Camps?
It is our passion to not only get youth into the outdoors, but to help them to truly experience the outdoors. Too often winter camps are filled with non-stop camp programing, games, arts and crafts, and other activities leaving little to no time for students to get outside. We want students to play in the amazing winter wonderland that God has prepared before them. Make use of your school break this year to really get your junior high and high school students outside to experience something special.
Each of our adventures include time intentionally set aside to give campers an opportunity to just stop and think. To learn as individuals and as teams the value of slowing down. Often times this takes the form of a quiet time that we’ll front load with a short devotional before spreading the group out for time of quiet reflection. With a remote cabin on the side of a frozen lake, this is a great opportunity for churches, schools, and scouts, as we invest in getting outside, and exploring God’s creation.
Details & Possible Upgrades
- By default, each of the above multi-day winter retreats & getaways have you arrive around 7 PM the night before (eating dinner before you arrive), and leaving around 6 PM (eating dinner on the road) at the end of your last adventure.
- The above rafting trips include a $15/person winter rafting fee (where applicable) that helps us with added expenditures on winter rafting trips. You can always avoid this cost by adjusting your dates accordingly.
- Flexibility – While winter rafting is usually amazing, melting snow can make water levels far less predictable. For younger participants, there is a higher chance that the water levels will rise to levels where we’ll need to switch to alternate outdoor adventures (like rock climbing) if conditions are less favorable for rafting. So please come with a flexible attitude, knowing that there is a chance we might need to change plans to optimize everyone’s safety and overall experience.
- Note: We do not currently offer any winter day camp options.
Popular California Winter Retreats
If you are not finding the perfect winter camp experience, please contact us to customize your winter camp, or for any questions about camp or registering.