The Adventure Tribe
Rock-N-Water’s take on a Christian day camp program for the big kids
It’s day camp for the big kids. Incoming 6th through 10th grade students get away each week for a full day of adventure, campfire, a night of camping, and three great meals. They’ll meet up for a Rock-N-Water Campfire and camping each Sunday night, and then embark the next morning on a high adventure excursions in the outdoors. Our highly trained Christian guides will lead you deep into God’s beautiful and ridiculously fun creation through white water rafting, rock climbing, and canyoneering trips. We will work together through the challenges of nature to discover new friendships and life changing opportunities. Throughout the summer students will anticipate each exciting session as they bond more and more with their Adventure Tribe.
- Arrive at camp each Sunday evening after dinner between 7 & 7:30 PM
- Depart each Monday evening after dinner between 7 & 7:30 PM
- Standard dates include 2 days white water rafting, 2 days canyoneering exploratory hikes, 1 day outdoor rock climbing.
- Food: Monday breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert – YUM!
- All Adventure Tribe Members also receive a genuine Rock-N-Water T-Shirt.
- Ages: Limited to students entering 6th through 10th grade in the Fall. 11th & 12th grade students should check out our week long camps.
- $535/person for five full days of adventure.
- Included Dates: 6/18-19, 6/25-26, 7/2-3, 7/9-10, 7/16-17, 2017.
- Makeup dates: 7/23-24, 7/30-31, 8/6-7, 2017
- Miss a date? Attend a makeup date at no charge.
- Want More? Members can add on makeup dates for just $50/person/date.
- Got Friends? Bring one time guests for $120/student/date.
What you need
- Bring a sleeping bag and pad for sleeping under the stars!
- A ride to and from camp – Transportation service pickup for registered participants is being looked into, but is not yet available.
- No other specialized gear required.
To Sign Up
For registration, please give us a call (1-800-738-0555) or contact us to join us and sign up.
Who is Rock-N-Water?
Rock-N-Water is a group of Christians who want to impact young people with the joy of God’s Living Word, so they might come to know Jesus and pass on God’s love with excitement. We focus our day camp activities on biblical principles, and we use the help of nature, friendship, and challenge to develop character. Our staff are not only trained to be amazing day camp counselors, but also outdoor adventure guides. Our staff will not only lead you through your spiritual devotionals, but we will also lead you upon the rivers and rocks that we will be adventuring and swimming upon. Learn more about Rock-N-Water Christian Camps.
We are located in the Coloma/Lotus Sierra Nevada Foothills, about an hour East of Sacramento and an hour West of South Lake Tahoe. We are centrally located next to Placerville, Cameron Park, El Dorado Hills, Kelsey, Georgetown, Cool, and Auburn. Our camp is located right on the side of the South Fork of the American river.
What sets Rock-N-Water apart from other Local Day Camps?
It’s our passion to not only get youth into the outdoors, but to also help them to actually stop and experience the outdoors first hand while they are here. Too often good intentioned, but overloaded, summer camp activities and sports can bombard a child with so many amazing experiences that while they are sitting right in the middle of an amazing forest of God’s creation… they never realize it. We want to change that.
Each of program day is full of adventures but also includes time intentionally set aside to give campers an opportunity to just stop and think. Often times this takes the form of a quiet time that we’ll front load with a short devotional before spreading the group out for time of quiet reflection. It is our goal that these steps, and others, will help make time spent at Rock-N-Water the best possible for kids.
What’s the value of outdoor adventures?
Adventures in the outdoors provide natural church day camp programs for helping to strengthen your ministries by created a more united group. By shifting campers out of their comfort zones, further away from the places and things that they are familiar with. Outdoor adventures provide countless opportunities for growth through challenging activities and the often temporarily uncomfortable situations we experience when we leave the protection of our everyday lives. Read more about the value of the outdoors.
Discover More about Rock-N-Water Christian Camps
For more information on our summer day camps, or to check on availability please Contact Us. We’d love to answer any questions that you might have.