Adventure Guide School: The First Step in Outdoor Leadership Training
Attention all Christian outdoor enthusiasts!
Do you want to turn your passion for adventure into ministry? Look no further! We present to you our Adventure Guide Training Program, offering comprehensive training and certification to become a professional adventure guide. Potential to qualify for a scholarship when you Apply to work as a Summer Guide!
Goals & Objectives
Since Rock-N-Water’s beginning in 1989, we have trained and hired dozens of guides every year. We love to pass on our knowledge and experience of guiding outdoor adventures. Additionally, we are passionate about showing others how adventure activities can help create new opportunities in youth ministry. Besides, we believe that outdoor adventure programs are playing a critical role in helping youth leaders as they minister to their students.
Our program is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to guide groups on outdoor excursions, including hiking, camping, rock climbing, whitewater rafting, and more. You will learn essential skills such as risk management, navigation, first aid and safety, as well as environmental sustainability practices.
Our instructors are experienced industry professionals who have a passion for sharing their expertise. They will provide hands-on training and support, ensuring you are prepared for the challenges and responsibilities of being a guide.
Upon completion of the program, you will receive a certification recognized by leading adventure companies, opening up a world of exciting career opportunities.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to turn your love for adventure into a fulfilling career. Enroll in our Adventure Guide Training Program today!
Contact us for more information and to enroll in our Adventure Guide Training Program.
- Day 1: Introduction to Top Rope Rock Climbing (Setting Top-Rope, Rappel, Belaying & Climbing)
- Day 2: Introduction to White Water Rafting (Gear, Safety, Basic Swiftwater rescue techniques, strokes, paddler commands etc)
- Day 3: Top Rope Rock Climbing session 2
- Day 4: Building White Water Paddle Guiding Skills & Cont’d Swiftwater rescue skills
- Day 5: Practice Guiding Class III w/ ongoing feedback on performance. Swimming rapids & Beachfront Lifeguard training
- Day 6: Final Instruction Top Rope Rock Climbing & Introduction to Canyoneering
- Day 7: Triple Play in A Day. Combining our adventure elements. Rock Climbing, Canyoneering and Whitewater rafting in one day.
- Day 8: Introduction to Class IV. Middle Fork of American or a different river.
- Day 9: Final Instruction Day Whitewater rafting
- Day 10: Final Instruction Day Swiftwater rescue & Class III Funyak trip
- Injury and incident prevention
- The big picture
- Environmental concerns
- Equipment rigging and care
- Ministry in outdoor youth ministry
- Creating education programming
All participants will need a high fitness level. Each participant should be prepared for a great workout during this rigorous course. These courses often have you both figuratively and literally running from one adventure to the next. The days are long and include both all day adventures and classroom time. All guides are encouraged to continue pursuing further outdoor training and experience following the course.
Options and Opportunities
First, potential graduates of this outdoor leadership training Guide School are encouraged to apply for paid summer employment at Rock-N-Water if they are interested.
Second, there will be an optional 8 hour basic Wilderness First Aid & CPR class on the Saturday after training for those that are interested for $80. First Aid and CPR are required for all Rock-N-Water staff.
Third, partial scholarships towards the price of guide school might be available to participants that are applying to be on staff. Please contact us if you are worried about the cost.