N Shingle road will be closed from 9 AM Thursday May 10th 2012 through
around 5 PM Tuesday May 15th 5 AM Thursday May 17th 2012, due to road construction. (updated 5/15 – due to an underground spring that needed to be re-directed)
For groups that are meeting us at Camp between those dates (Forest Lake and those on the Youth Pastor Retreat), and ONLY those groups, you might need to take these alternate directions if you were coming to camp via Sacramento and Highway 50.
Note: Forest Lake – you probably are coming to camp via Auburn – in which case you can follow the normal directions to camp with no changes.
If you are meeting us elsewhere (Like Gold Bug Park), use the normal directions to Gold Bug park (they are unaffected). We will give you directions home before you leave.
To Avoid the Road closure of N Shingle Road/Green Valley Rd just before Lotus Road:
- Highway 50 East towards S. Lake Tahoe
- Take Exit 41 Greenstone Road and turn Right onto Greenstone Road – Travel 1.1 miles.
- Turn Left onto Green Valley Road – Travel 2.8 miles
- Turn Right onto Lotus Road – Travel 6.7 miles
- Turn Left onto Highway 49 – Travel 0.7 miles
- Go Straight at Marshall Road stop sign – Travel 1 mile
- One Mile past the Marshall Road stop sign, look for Rock-N-Water’s sign on your Left
- Enter and follow the signs to our parking area – You Made It!