I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.” Psalm 9:1
I don’t know about you, but I am finding it hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a few days away. My heart is filled with a warm happy feeling when I think of how close we are to the Holiday season again! I love this time of year. It’s the time when life seems to slow down for a few short months. Families that apart travel far to come together. It’s the time of year where everyone stops to reflect on the past year and chooses to focus on having a thankful heart.
I understand as we go into the holiday season, that there may be a lot of things that happened this year that made 2021 a hard year for you. Covid is still a threat to many of us and life still has yet to return to normal (if normal can ever happen again…). But I also want to remind you that our God is still the same God. He hasn’t changed and he is still sovereign over all things. This thanksgiving, let us not forget to thank God for all the good he is doing and working in us and through us!
Thanking God for 2021
What are we thankful for this year at Rock-N-Water? There is so much to thank God for this year! God is always good and faithful to us. Even when we look back on this year and see all the bumps we had to ride through, there is also so much to be grateful for. Here is just a few of the things we are most thankful for this year at camp;
- Record-breaking numbers! We are so thankful for every camper that came to our camp this year! This year we saw many new and old faces. We reached record-breaking numbers and staffing each week for all the numbers was not an easy task. But our God was faithful and it is a joy to see God growing this camp.
- The gospel preached! With every group that came, the gospel was preached. Whether it was through words or actions, the love of Christ made its way into hearts. We are thankful for each heart that heard and we continue to pray for God to bring growth. All glory goes to God! We are so thankful that God is using this camp to be a means for carrying his truth into the world.
- Answered prayers! We saw many answered prayers this year, little prayers and big prayers. We continue to be thankful each day for the way God provides and hears the prayers of those who seek Him.
- Beauty from Ashes! This year at camp was not without its difficulties. We had many ups and downs including the death of one of our dear staff members – Mikha Benedictus. But our God is faithful. We know that He has a purpose for all things, even the hardships we walkthrough. Already we have begun to see some beautiful things come out of the fires and we are thankful.
- Excitement for next year! We are continuing to see our camp grow as we prepare for next year. We are excited and thankful for everyone who has already booked a trip with us and we are thanking God for you. It’s so hard not to jump up and down and be excited and thankful for all God is going to do next year!
Now it’s your turn!
What are you thankful for this year? It’s hard to believe that another year has come and gone, but God is good. All of us here at camp want to wish you a happy Thanksgiving! We pray that you will find the time this week to join us in giving thanks for all that God has done!
Before ending this post I wanted to help kickstart your getting into the spirit of thanksgiving by sharing some verses with you! God’s word is full of verses that tell us to give thanks. If you are God’s child, you have so much to be thankful for! God sent Jesus Christ to die on the Cross in your place so that you could be with Him. Let that truth soak in for a moment. Jesus did what you could never do and died for your sin on the cross. Because of Him, you have victory over death and sin. This is the most amazing thing and it is something we must be thanking Jesus for every day!
I pray that these verses will help fill your hearts with a spirit of thankfulness to God for all he has done and continues to do for us.
Bible Verses for Thanksgiving
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
“And on that day you will say, “Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name. Make known His deeds among the peoples; make them remember that His name is exalted.” Praise the LORD in song, for He has done glorious things; let this be known throughout the earth.” (Isaiah 12:4-5)
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” (James 1:17)
“Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever!” (1 Chronicles 16:34)
“Oh come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the LORD is the great God, and the great King above all gods. In His hand are the deep places of the earth’ the heights of the hills are His also. The sea is His, for He made it; and His hands formed the dry land.” (Psalm 95:1-5)
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:4-7)