Has your group been whitewater rafting before and looking for the next level adventure? Do you Have teenagers who can’t get enough thrill no matter what they are doing? This river trip might be for you!
Popular Class IV Rafting Trips in California
- 1 Day Class IV River Rafting
- Includes Lunch & Snacks
- More Information
1 Day Class IV River Rafting
Whitewater Rafting in California – The Ruck-A-Chuck
Ultimately, we have a day long experience of Class IV rafting in California. This is on a 16 mile section of the Middle Fork of the American River. It’s a full day rafting trip that has some extreme whitewater throughout the day. There’s plenty of opportunity for group bonding and experiencing God on the class 2 and class 3 sections as well. This is an isolated, deep river canyon protected by the Wild and Scenic River Act. This trip is perfect for High School church youth groups, young adults and Adult Christian fellowships looking for an adventurous rafting experience. Additionally, this adventure is a great addition onto any Rock-N-Water Christian Camp experience.
The Class IV River Trip
This river offers some incredible rapids with intense river features. We start in the early morning at Oxbow powerhouse. Initially, after safety briefings we hit the water and navigate our first Class III rapid of the day “Good Morning Coffee.” There is a nice section of class II and III before we stop to take a look at our first Class IV of the day “Tunnel chute.” Tunnel chute is an impressive looking Class IV+ rapid and we will run it together after our stop. There’s another section of smaller rapids and some exploring. Shortly after we will get to experience Kanaka another class IV rapid. After Kanaka, we get to catch our breath. Our guides stop on the shores of the river to prepare lunch and fun before heading back to the river.
After a section of calm, water fighting, swimming, and quiet time we hit another section of serious rapids. Chunder is the first waterfall of the day. There a quick second to smile at the camera before we’re unloading the rafts to portage Ruck-A-Chuck Falls. Ruck-A-Chuck is an impressive Class VI waterfall that isn’t run commercially. Additionally, right after Ruck-A-Chuck is Cleavage another class 4 waterfall. Immediately after that, follows parallel parking another class IV. There’s a few more Class 3 and 4 rapids in the next 30 minutes or so before takeout at Greenwood Bridge.
Details & Possible Upgrades
- To improve the overall quality and safety of our Class IV California river trips, we limit them to High School ages and older. Additionally, we ask that High School participants have a recent day of Class III river rafting experience.
- By default, each of the above multi-day California whitewater adventures have you arrive around 7 PM the night before (eating dinner before you arrive), and leaving around 6 PM (eating dinner on the road) at the end of your last adventure. If you would like to do the same on a one day trip (we strongly encourage it), it’s just an extra $22/person.
- If you live more than 3 hours away, or you just want to finish your trip with even more awesomeness, we recommend you add dinner and another night of camping & campfire time to the end of your river trip for just $22/person.
- There is an extra $15 per person fee for doing river rafting adventures on a Saturday or Sunday. Why weekends cost more?
- T-shirts can be ordered for the whole group at $15/person.
- If you are comparing our prices with generic white water rafting outfitters, please be aware that unlike prices listed for most of their south fork american river rafting trips, our prices already include all taxes and fees.
Water Flow Statement from El Dorado County
El Dorado County ask that all rafters on the South Fork of the American River be aware that "Water flows in the South Fork American River result from releases from facilities located upstream. Such water releases are not subject to the control of El Dorado county or commercial rafting companies operating under permits from El Dorado County."
Special Offers Rafting: Our goal it to make our everyday prices super special, but sometimes we do have special offers for white water rafting.
Looking for something a little less adventurous? Try our Class III California River Rafting Trips. Again, please contact us if you have any questions about our California river trips, or are not finding exactly what you are looking for. With on reviews from Class IV Rafting trip customers, we’re sure to find the perfect trip for you too. out of 5 Stars