Popular California White Water Rafting Trips
- 1 Day Class III River Rafting
- Includes Lunch & Snacks
- Minimum 5 people
- Ages 7 and older
- 4.89 (229 reviews)
- More Information
1 Day Class III River Rafting
1 Day Rock Climbing
1 Day Class III River Rafting
California River Rafting – The Splash About
Spend a day, or two, white water river rafting in Northern California. You can raft through Class III rapids on one of our 10 mile rafting adventure trips! Your group will learn to be a team as you charge rapids, water fight, swim, and play in one of God’s beautiful river canyons. The South Fork of the American River has two sections: the Upper/Chili-Bar Run and the Lower/Gorge Run. Both are perfect for one or two days of adventurous California rafting fun.
Each section includes about 4 hours of rafting time on the river during summer months. Both options include sections of moving water where we float along through some small waves. This is called class II whitewater. Additionally, both sections include Class III whitewater with large waves and other water features. Due to each section being about a half day of actual rafting; there is extra time during the day for spiritual devotionals, exciting team building games, leadership training, or just hanging out. At Rock-N-Water, every day is intended to be a full day of opportunities for fun, personal growth, and group unity. Our staff are not just California river rafting professionals, but they are also dedicated Christian youth workers committed to serving your youth with adventure activities customized just for you.
Our Christian guides are looking forward to helping you experience river rafting in a fun and uplifting setting. Join us on a California whitewater rafting river today with your family or friends.
Details & Possible Upgrades for River Rafting in California
- By default, each of the above multi-day rafting trips have you arrive around 7 PM the night before (eating dinner before you arrive), and leaving around 6 PM (eating dinner on the road) at the end of your last adventure. If you would like to do the same on a one day trip, it’s just an extra $22/person.
- If you live more than 3 hours away, or you just want to finish your trip with even more awesomeness, we recommend you add dinner and another night of camping & campfire time to the end of your trip for just $22/person.
- There is an extra $15 per person fee for doing adventures on a Saturday or Sunday. Why weekends cost more?
- For river rafting trips that take place October through June there is an extra $15 per person fee in these months. What's it cover?
- T-shirts can be ordered for the whole group at $15/person.
- If you are comparing our prices with generic rafting outfitters, please be aware that unlike prices listed for most of their south fork american river rafting trips, our prices already include all taxes and fees.
Founded in 1989, Rock-N-Water is a group of Christian whitewater rafting guides who want to impact young people with the joy of God’s Living Word, so they might come to know Jesus and pass on God’s love with excitement. We focus our program on biblical principles, and we use the help of nature, friendship, and challenge to develop character.
We see the adventure on the river as a critically important tool for today’s Christian camp counselor. At Rock-N-Water we spend every day and night in God’s enticing playground. The adventurous challenges and tranquil beauty God gave us on the American River allow for a depth of ministry we know no other way of achieving. Christian led excursions in creation make for great opportunities of fun, help deepen relationships, and make positive spiritual growth almost unavoidable.
Technical Whitewater Information
- What is White Water Rafting?
- River Classification System – Learn about the river class difficulty rating system, and how you can use it to get a general idea of how one rapid or river might compare to another one. Note: Water levels can vary Spring through Fall which will affect the intensity of rapids.
- What is Included – What does a whitewater rafting trip with Rock-N-Water include?
- Accommodations and Facilities – What are the accommodations like? What kind of modern conveniences can I expect while I am going river rafting with Rock-N-Water Christian Camps?
Water Flow Statement from El Dorado County
El Dorado County ask that all rafters on the South Fork of the American River be aware that "Water flows in the South Fork American River result from releases from facilities located upstream. Such water releases are not subject to the control of El Dorado county or commercial rafting companies operating under permits from El Dorado County."
Special Offers Rafting: Our goal it to make our everyday prices super special, but sometimes we do have special offers for white water rafting.
Want a Northern California rafting trip that’s a little more adventurous? Try our Middle Fork American River Class IV California Rafting Trips. Again, please contact us if you have any questions, or are not finding exactly the rafting whitewater river adventures you are looking for.