Opportunities to Serve Others at Rock-N-Water
Imagine what summer camp would look like if you set aside a day to serve others?
- 1 Day Class III River Rafting
- 2 Nights of Camping & 5 Meals
- Available March through October
- More Information
Specific Service Project Opportunities
We have many different service project opportunities for you to choose from. From simply packing and sorting food for a local food pantry, to leading a day of fun and games for underprivileged youth, to hard manual labor, we’ve teamed up with local community organizations to help you help your youth and teens to truly serve others first. Each of these community service ideas can be done as a single day project, or combine a day of service into the middle of a longer summer camp or retreat to provide an eternally focused element to your camp.
- Manual Labor – Cleaning, gardening, painting… at a local non-profit that serves the community, or at a public/state/federal park.
- Spending time with the Elderly – Talking and Hanging out with our elders at a local retirement community.
- Food Pantry Help – Packing and sorting nonperishable food at a food pantry.
- Cleaning and Maintenance work at a Salvation Army transitional family housing site. Note: We will not be interacting with any adult residents.
- Day Camp – Lead a day of games and ministry to a group of children attending a Salvation Army day camp.
- We are actively developing additional service project ideas – please contact our office to find out about more opportunities to serve.
Service Projects for Youth
You’ve talked with your youth group about the value of serving others. You’ve probably even taken your youth on a mission trip so that they could experience serving others hands on. But why should serving others be limited to just mission trips? What would happen to your typical summer camp experience, if you set aside a day in the middle of all the wild fun and excitement, for an opportunity to serve others and the community at large? Rock-N-Water Christian Camps offers you the opportunity to do just that.
Details & Possible Upgrades
- By default, each of the above multi-day community service opportunities have you arrive around 7 PM the night before (eating dinner before you arrive), and leaving around 6 PM (eating dinner on the road) at the end of your last adventure. If you would like to do the same on a one day trip, it’s just an extra $22/person.
- One day service project programs require a minimum of 6 people.
- If you live more than 3 hours away, or you just want to finish your trip with even more awesomeness, we recommend you add dinner and another night of camping & campfire time to the end of your trip for just $22/person.
- There is an extra $15 per person fee for doing adventures on a Saturday or Sunday. Why weekends cost more?
- For river rafting trips that take place October through June there is an extra $15 per person fee in these months. What's it cover?
Again, please contact us if you have any questions, or are not finding exactly what you are looking for.